10.9.09

Tag Sale Finds: In Progress

The youth at my church we having their annual tag sale last month, and I rummaged through the donations before the event (I know, I know. I'm a cheater. I guess I like to think I am opportunistic). I found 2 gorgeous picture frames and 1 adorable mirror!



They just needed some TLC. These were the pics in the 2 frames.

The picture makes it look cuter then it is. Trust me. It is gross.

Not my taste, but I didn't let that deter me. I saw the potential in the frames. And being the opportunistic person I am, I was not about to let these gems go to a random treasure seeker at the tag sale. No sir! I called up the coordinator of the tag sale and asked if I could take them early and pay whatever they were marked for. Guess what? She told me just to have them!!! How sweet is that? I got these fabulous finds for free!!! How is that for a bargain?


So I set to work to refinish. Here is the first one I started on.



Not such a fan of gold, so I just brushed dark brown acrylic paint with a dry brush over the entire frame. Actually, I ended up dabbing more then brushing because of all the crevasses. And this is what it looked like after painting.



Much better! So I hung it on the wall.



But there is nothing in it. I know what I want the finished product to look like in my head, but not sure how to make it a reality. I need your help!!!



Help me finish this project!
Post a link below using Mister Linky to a great idea that might inspire me.
I can't wait to hear your great ideas!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am a fan of both of these frames! Great find! (and great work so far!)