23.9.09

Making caramel apples


Last night, as Theatre Baby struggled to fall asleep after a day of horrible naps, Rockstar and I made caramel apples. Ahhh... sweet bliss!


We had the tiniest apples to work with, but we enjoyed it. It was a small project, but a great way for us to pull away from the hectic world and connect. We need times like that. Life can be too fast-paced and we have to be purposeful to keep our family values in perspective.


That being sad, are you ready for your mouth to water? Here are the pics from last night:


Rockstar stirring the caramel.

It smelt so good!

Our tiny little apples

Dipping the apples

After an hour of chilling, we got to enjoy!


What do you do to connect with your spouse?

5 comments:

jmt said...

What a sweet, in so many ways, idea! We sometimes just pop some popcorn and share. It's lazy, but it works. :) Maybe that's what I'll do this evening...he's been asking to watch a movie. And I just have to ask....are you nutty!? 16 months and new born? You are a braver mother than I...but those two babies will have SUCH a time growing up together so close in age. :) How fun! Happy Wednesday - I'm popping over from SITS roll call.

Jennifer said...

Lately, our idea of recreation is sitting in the living room talking to each other on FB. Pretty sad I know!

But my hubby did take me to a nice dinner for my birthday on Saturday, with no kids!

Becky said...

We like to play memory in bed (the actual game, just realized that could have been quite scandalous).

. said...

You know how to make homemade caramel apples? Awesome! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week filled with fun and happiness. :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm...we love to get outside and hike. Or steal away downtown for drinks and dessert. But, laughter is what always brings us together best. LOVED the pictures! stopped on by from SITS!