17.11.08

Viva Las Vegas

I have just finished my first show after having my darling baby boy. It was a fundraiser for a local community theatre. It was a cabaret featuring songs from Las Vegas. I sang "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss) by Cher and back-up for "Copacabana."
It was interesting trying to fit into costumes with the ever-changing size of my breast (I'm breast feeding).

-Before a feeding: forget it
-After a feeding: a struggle
-Time for a feeding: impossible

Sometimes it is hard enough to fit into a costume that is not made for you, even if you are the perfect figure (not saying I am by any means!). But the changing breast size really made costume changes an adventure. I thought about including before and after pictures, but decided against it for modesty sake.


It was great to be performing again, but I missed my baby and husband more then I thought I would. Before baby, I thought I would miss this part of who I was: the actress. I made my husband promise me that I could go back to acting and that it would be a part of our lives again. But after this experience, I am not sure I need it like I did before.


Being a mother fills a hole in my life (I know, that is sappy) and maybe I filled it before with acting. Who knows? I will keep you posted on my developing thoughts. I'm sure next week I will be dying to do another show!


Your Thoughts:

What is something you gave up when you became a mom, and you don't miss it as much as you thought you would?


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Karissa

Great Blog.
I had a lot of the same feeling that you had after the birth of my first child. I felt that by choosing to stay at home with my kids that I was missing out on my career. The career that I spend many years in college attempting to reach. As the time passed those feelings faded. Now I sometimes sign up to work a Saturday and I always regret it. Now I feel like I am missing something when I am away from my kids. Hope that you can find the balance that works best for you. Love and prayers.

Stan Arnold said...

Well, she gave up her size 6 and she's been missing the 6, but she found the 8.... All of them very cute.
What she really thought she would miss was the days alone, but the giggles made it all worth it.