15.8.15

Fair Trade subscription box review

Instagram is my social media preference for many reasons. I seriously think it has taken the place of blogs in many ways and with so many gorgeous images to look at on a daily basis, it's easy to see the appeal. One of the things I love about Instagram is how quickly I can find other people, blogs and companies that share the same passions I do by searching through hashtags. 

Many people have found me through some common hashtags I use on Instagram: 


#adoptionrocks 
#ethicalfashion 
#momof4 
#actorlife

And I have found many companies through hashtags they use:


#fairtrade
#shoplocal
#womenhelpingwomen
#girlboss



One such company that I connected with was Box of Blessings by International Blessings, a fair trade subscription box. Sarah Barnett, the founder of the company reached out to me through Instagram about trying their Box of Blessing. My love of fair trade products knows no bounds, so I was delighted to learn about a new subscription box focused exclusively on it.

The subscription can be for 1, 3 or 6 months. Each box contains 3-4 handmade items or pieces of jewelry made from around the world from impoverished nations, empowering artisans to earn a sustainable wage through admirable means. The best part is the little card inside which tells you about where the product came from and the people who made it. It's a great way to feel connected to your purchase and the artisans who created it.

And if all that wasn't awesome enough, they also donate 10% of all proceeds to a poverty fighting cause every month. All of that information is right inside the subscription box.



I received the June subscription box and I was delighted with what I found.

A gorgeous green stone ring and wooden bracelet made in Old Delhi India by a group of nearly 80 artists with Matr Boomie.

There was also a set of hand-blown glass earrings hand made by an Ecuadorian widow names Aida Males.

All three items showed great craftsmanship and are just stunning to see. They've all become regular staples in my wardrobe.


If you are interested in trying out fair trade, consider subscribing to a Box of Blessings and enjoy ethical accessories delivered straight to your door from around the world. And be sure to tell them The Acting Mom sent you!


p.s. Visiting a fair trade workshop in Uganda changed my views on ethical fashion.


All opinions in this post are my own. I did receive the product for free in exchange for sharing my opinions with all of you.

No comments: