30.7.15

And then we quit homeschooling.

We've homeschooled for two years. Kindergarten, first grade and then kindergarten again, with a little preschool thrown in for the two youngest. There were lots of worksheets, nature hikes and thousands books read in those two years. It was wonderful to be on our own schedule and pace as we adjusted to being a family of six. Homeschooling allows for a lot of flexibility and we needed that.

It was the best decision for our family at the time. We knew we would take the kids education a year at a time. While we love the idea of home education, we also know there is a lot of value in them being taught by others and learning different points of view. Craig and I had decided long ago that we wanted the kids to have a public school experience and that time is now.


We are quitting homeschooling for the upcoming school year. The kids are enrolled and ready to start school in four weeks! They couldn't be more excited about this new venture and I'm doing a little freak out as I look at uniforms, school supplies and packed lunches. Eeekkk!

Trusting someone else to watch my kids for eight hours a day is something I haven't done in my seven years of parenting ever. EVER. I've been solely responsible for my kids 90% of the time, with Craig doing the rest. This is going to be a huge adjustment and I'm having a bit of a panic attack knowing I'll have a second grader and a kindergartener. To be honest, it's also hard to let go. I've been in control of the kids day in and day out and relinquishing that to a stranger is not an easy task, but it is a necessary one. Parenting is hard! Can I get an amen?

I am excited about what the kids will learn and how they'll grow this next year. And the friends they will make! This will give me more one-on-one time with my two youngest, helping them grow and flourish. It will also open up time for me to rehearse and memorize lines for my theatrical endeavors, which I'm loving.

Overall, this is going to be awesome! It's a big change for our family with a lot of adjustment, but I'm excited to see how different we will all be in a year. Here's to a new year!


p.s. Did you know I have a website just for my acting endeavors?

Signature
Bookmark and Share

No comments: