3.12.14

#WOWsummit 2014 recap

#WOWsummit was an amazing weekend! Moms Meet put together such a pampering time at Caribe Royal in Orlando, Floirda for their 2014 conference. I was unfamiliar with Moms Meet and #WOWsummit until the opportunity fell into my lap to attend. And I am so glad that it did!

If there was ever a conference designed with me in mind, this was it! Not only did I have the opportunity to sample great products from companies like  Zevia, Flunada, SweetLeaf, and Solgar, I also got to learn from amazing speakers like Robyn O'Brien, Suzy Stauffer, Aviva Goldfarb and Heather White. Talk about a lot of information about healthy living, taking care of yourself, environmental impact and what to do at meal times! I took pages and pages of notes from each speaker and workshop I attended. I'm still mulling over what I learned and working to implement the great tips these lovely ladies shared. And of course, working up some blog posts highlighting great resources for all of you!



#WOWsummit with The Acting Mom


This was my first ever conference as a blogger and I tried my hand at vlogging. There is nothing quite like filming yourself in a public place talking about the event you are actually at. I see now why so many YouTubers are in their young 20's. It is a little odd, but I think the vlogs turned out to be a fun, upbeat way to show the conference and my time at it. And my amazing husband edited these together within a couple of hours of the footage being delivered to him. Here are my vlogs from #WOWsummit 2014.




The speaker that made the biggest impact on me was Suzy Stauffer. I share a lot on this blog about finding a non-mom identity and taking care of yourself. This is something I feel very passionate about because I know that I need it to have enough energy to be a great mom. When Suzy posted a picture of herself with her book the night before the conference started, I just about dropped my phone. The title is "Women First, Mothers Second" and I was thrilled to receive a copy at #WOWsummit. Suzy and I connected through Instagram before the event and then at a workshop she gave. Our conversation felt like old friends reconnecting. I can't wait to dive into her book and share it with all of you!

#WOWsummit with The Acting Mom

#WOWsummit with The Acting Mom

Most conferences have an exhibit hall and I throughly enjoyed that at this conference! I enjoyed being able to sample food and products I had seen in the store but never ventured to try. And the best part was I got to talk to the reps who truly knew the products. Check out my vlogs to see which products I liked the best. As an attendee of #WOWsummit 2014, I walked away both days with a huge goody bag full of amazing products for myself and my family. Below is just the stuff I received on day two.


And the best part was meeting new people and connecting with other bloggers. I even made a conference buddy, Abbe Brown from The Mostly Disney Mom Blog. It was both our first time to a conference and we just clicked.

#WOWsummit with The Acting Mom


I was very sad when the conference was over. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend again. I truly and honestly can not recommend this conference enough. Between the incredible line-up of speakers to the stunning resort to the loads of free products, this is one that is worth every penny to attend. 



p.s. Do you know that I love once a month cooking and a blogger in Japan shared her 3 favorite books.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karissa is was great attending the Blogger Luncheon with you. Wish I'd met you earlier in the weekend.

Great summation of the Summit and who knows, maybe I'll see you next year.