6.11.14

Meeting new moms

I am very excited to be attending my first mom conference this weekend, WOW Summit 2014 with Green Moms Meet. The event sort of fell into my lap and at first I was skeptical. 

Lots of companies trying to sell me something, speakers I had never heard of and I didn't know anyone who would be attending. None of those realities appealed to me and I didn't want to go. But then I read this: "Connecting parents who want to support one another in leading healthier lifestyles!" And I knew that was what I needed!



Living a life focused on health conscious choices for me and my family can be isolating at times. Meeting and connecting with other like-minded moms who are striving to choose products that are environmentally friendly with an organic/heathy bent sounds like a great weekend. I can not wait to connect with other moms just like that this weekend, November 7-9th in Orlando at the beautiful Caribe Royal resort.

The speakers include Robyn O'Brien, Traci Paige Johnson from yummicoDr. Susan Bartell, Suzy Stauffer of Beyond the Bus StopThe Six O'Clock Scramble/Aviva Goldfarb, Heather White from the Environmental Working Group, and many more. The topics range from guarding your kids in this screen driven age to GMO's to the importance of music to oral health. I will have my notebook ready to take lots and lots of notes!


And I will get to sample tons of products from amazing companies! ZeviaSolgar Vitamin and HerbFlunadaSweetLeafEnvirokidzSmart Flour FoodsXlear Inc.Music TogetherKIWI MagazineKIWI ShopSUJA JuiceCanyon Gluten Free BakehouseNational Geographic KidsPrairie Grove FarmsKidfreshApplegateNUK-USAPrimal Pit PasteMrs. ThinstersGarden Of Life, and Maty's Healthy Products. Wow! That is a lot of companies and I have only heard of a couple of them. Bring on the fun and learning!


All of the speakers, products and companies are great, but I truly am excited to connect with other moms who value their families. Getting to know other women who are on this journey of motherhood is such a unifying experience and I look forward to seeing what new friendships will form this weekend in Orlando.

_________________________________________________________________________
Little side note: 
As a blogger they let me sample FluNada, a cold and flu relief spray. They are a company that has sponsored WOW Summit 2014 and one I had never heard of before. I received the product a couple of weeks ago and was actually starting to feel under the weather. Spraying in my mouth and in my nose, as the instructions suggested, I immediately began to feel better and my symptoms decreased. As the weeks have gone on, other family members have gotten a cold, but I have not. The taste is a little spicy like peppermint and refreshing. You can buy the product here.
_________________________________________________________________________


To keep up with my weekend at WOW Summit 2014, follow me on Twitter and Instagram.


Post contains affiliated links. All opinions are my own.

No comments: