8.10.14

October Dress Project : Year 5 // Day 1-5

October Dress Project is something I look forward to every year. This is my fifth year participating in this experiment in simplicity, creativity, contentment and anti-consumerism. Every year I learn something new about myself, how to re-invent my wardrobe and what a great group of women the October Dress Project community really is. You've never met a group of more encouraging women then those in the October Dress Project community.


This is my second year choosing a fair trade, this time from the country of India. Most of the accessories and clothing I pair with my dress are old standards in my closet, but I've tried to link options that are similar to the ones I am wearing so you can snag it if you like it.


Friends have commented that this dress is very different from previous years and they are right! Sleeves, an above knee cut and a print set this dress apart from anything in my current wardrobe and I am relishing the change!

TRUE CONFESSION: I've always been self-concious about my knees and thighs. Truly and honestly. This dress is really challenging me to love my body just as it is, with extra pounds and knees and thighs showing! And I hope by sharing my insecurity and how I am overcoming it through the October Dress Project Year 5, that it will inspire you to do the same.

Day 1
Necklace: Thrifted (similar)
Faux Snakeskin Belt (similar, similar)
Shoes: Payless, old (similar)
Day 2

Dress: Symbology
Vest: New York & Co, old
Necklace: World Vision, old (similar)
Cuff Bracelet: Noonday Collection
Shoes: Gift (similar)


Day 3

Dress: Symbology
Scarf: Thrifted (similar)
Belt: Target (similar)
Boots: Rack Room


Day 4

Dress: Symbology
Necklace: Ugandan beads (similar)
Shorts: Mossimo cut offs, old (similar)
Shoes: Payless (similar)
Hat: Vintage (similar)


Day 5

Dress: Symbology
Shirt: Gap, old (similar)
Necklace: Premiere Jewelry (similar)
Belt: New York & Co
Shoes: Nine West (similar)


p.s. Want to see how I styled it day 6-12?

Signature
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

Love them all! I think this dress offers you so many options for comfort and style. And p.s., your knees look great :-)