28.4.13

I need a little adventure. Who's with me?

Being a mother of four preschoolers is isolating. I'm sure that is self-evident. Over the last five months (oh my goodness, where has the time gone?) of being a parent of four, I realized that I am missing some things from my old life. Two of the things I miss the most are girl time and adventure. Life now is scheduled with naps, diaper changes and bedtime routines, dictating what I do and when. The biggest adventure I have to look forward to is a blowout diaper at the park or a fit over a stolen toy.

Snorkeling for a friend's b-day weekend

Thankfully, I have an AMAZING husband who encourages me to get out, see a show, hang out with friends and join a book club. And I am very grateful for my brother and sister-in-law who swap babysitting duties with us so I can spend some great time with Craig twice a month. But there is still a lingering desire for fun with some friends.

28th b-day fun


So, what I want to do now is create a monthly adventure with my girl friends. Want to join me? Come on! All ladies who want to come are invited. Consider this your open invitation to a monthly excursion from the norm of your everyday life. Single ladies, married women and moms, you are all welcome! Bring a friend, come alone or tag along with me!

The original four ODP ladies last October


On the 2nd Friday of the month, a girl's night adventure will be scheduled. One month we might go bowling, the next a comedy club, and the next a boat cruise. We might explore an island, learn to line dance or go wine tasting. The options are endless! Every month will be different and unique, but it will always be an adventure. We can try new restaurants, see new shows, and experience new sights together. I need something like this every month to look forward to and I'm excited about the friends I will make and the relationships that will strengthen through these monthly excursions.

Ladies, mark your calendars for May 10th and join me for some fun! 


No comments: