3.10.11

October 2nd and 3rd

I have not washed the dress yet, but plan to tonight after auditions for "It's a Wonderful Life." The more the dress is washed, the more the fibers of the gown break down, and the more the fibers break down, the rattier the dress looks. Don't worry! I will make sure the dress doesn't stink, but we wash our clothing far more then it is necessary. I know I do!

And yes, you did read that correctly. I will be auditioning for a show wearing my black dress tonight. And if I am cast, I will be wearing this same black dress for every rehearsal through the end of the month. It will probably need to be washed more frequently if I have a lot of rehearsals, which will put more wear on the dress. That is the price one must pay for the art of theatre, I guess. Hopefully this little black beauty will last all 31 days!

October 2nd-
Black dress
Jones flower headband
Floral scarf wrapped around belt
Strappy sandals
Purple Italian charm necklace

Thoughts on Day 2 and 3:
That is always the fear when committing to wear the same dress all month. What if something happens to the dress? Do I muscle through and keep wearing it? Can I repair it? What if it starts looking really worn? All of these are legitimate concerns, but that is one of the wonderful things about this project. In our disposable world, we purchase clothing very easily. It is inexpensive and we usually treat our everyday clothes as such. I rarely wear an apron when cooking because I know that if something happens to the outfit I am wearing, I can easily purchase another one. Not so when you have committed to wearing the same dress for 31 days straight. Last year I cooked without an apron and had grease stains on my dress only a couple days into the project. I muscled through and wore it the whole time, but I didn't really have anywhere to be. In times past, clothing was harder to come by and people were more careful with the articles of clothing they did possess. I wish I had the mentality about my clothing. Now is my chance to be a better steward with this one dress and hopefully that will bleed into my attitude about all of my possessions over the next 28 days.

October 3rd-
Black dress
Indigo stripped cardigan
Long black necklace
Boat shoes

Signature
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Break a leg at your audition tonight!