1.9.11

Beatrix Potter Themed Room


My daughter's room is inspired by the work of Beatrix Potter.  My son's room is a work in progress, but the theme is story book adventures. We couldn't decide on just one book or serious of books for his room, but we are always looking for new authors and illustrators to peek our interest. I'll do a post about his room another time.

Craig, my hubby, was an English major in college and I grew up without a television, making books my entertainment. Both of us came to love and value literature in different ways, but it is a huge part of our family's culture. Books can be found in every room in the house and a weekly trip to the library is a must to keep our curiosity appeased.

I have shared these images on Facebook, but had to share them here as well. I re-did my daughter's room without paying a cent. All of the items pictured are things I had collected over the years or were gifts.




The best item in the room is the homemade quilt made by Craig's mom, Connie. I adore it! The fabric is beautiful and indescribably dainty. Even the green patches have actual copies of script written by the hand of Beatrix Potter. How cool is that? Words can not describe how much I love this quilt!





I am really pleased with how this room turned out. I was given a couple of Beatrix Potter prints as well by a friend and they really help pull the room together even more. It is my favorite room in the house!

2 comments:

Ida and Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ida said...

I saw the pics on FB but I had to comment again...beautiful room! Good job, friend!