30.8.11

I need new head shots

I need new head shots. The last time I had them done was in 2007. After searching for the photographer who took them, the conclusion is that she has gone out of business. I found her by searching on the internet and lucked out. Honestly, since I am a photographer, I would NEVER look for a photographer that way now. We met at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. It is a beautiful campus and a fun place to explore together as we experimented with different backgrounds to add texture to the images. Even though she was half an hour late, it was a positive experience and I was happy with the images. They landed me several paying roles, which I was grateful for.

Here are my old head shots.






And in case you forgot what I look like now, here is a refresher shot.

My hair is a different color, it is a lot shorter and I look a LOT younger in my head shots. And let's not even talk about the weight I have put on since these photos were taken! I know, I know. You will all tell me to cut myself some slack since I did have two kids back to back. But I am still fighting the reality that I am getting older, so please let me live in my delusions for a couple more years. According to this site, I totally need to do them again. I match all of the criteria for needing new ones.

Now comes the hard decision, what type of head shots should I get and when? I know I won't get them until after my marathon is complete in January. I hope to be at my ideal weight by then, but who do I choose to be my photographer? Suggestions? I think I would like to do more moody photos as well. My head shots are very smiley, which is good because my type is the young female romantic lead. As I get older, that won't be the case and I need to get head shots that can set me up for a wider range of character possibilities.

When I do get them done, I will be doing what they recommend here, by printing them and passing them out for people to survey. I'll also post them here for you all to look at!

Signature

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might know somebody! there not the best but at least there free. lol

EmilyRosePortraits said...

Yeah, I think I know someone too..