2.10.09

My 100th post!

I never thought I would make it to 100 posts! But I have! So, this will be a hodge-podge post. Are you ready?

I have been getting into couponing again. While we moved this summer, I took off. I know, I know. For all you couponers out there, that isn't a smart idea, but it was for my sanity. Now I am getting back into it. I've found 2 different schools of thought in the money saving world: make things from scratch or buy processed foods for free/next to free. Both schools of thought are big into stockpiling. I started stockpiling without really thinking about it, and ended up with tons of imitation vanilla extract, chocolate chips and honey. These are helpful, but not where I should have started. Oh well!



Thankfully, I was able to stockpile before we moved, and we haven't had to buy any toiletries in 4 or 5 months. Hooray!!!



On another note, I have been working on my homemade Christmas gifts. I bought a tutorial off of Etsy and have been making fabric bracelets for friends and family. I've also been making hand-stictched cards to give. I need to figure out what to make for the guys. Any ideas?


Since this is my 100th post, I thought about answering those "100 questions about me" surveys. I don't think I have the patience, so instead I am just going to answer some of those questions I found.

1. How old will you be in 5 years?  31 (that is scary!)

2. What do you look forward to most in the next 6 weeks? Putting Theatre Baby in his Halloween costume from his grandmother

3. What were you doing at midnight last night? I was signing up to be a member on hotcouponworld.com

4. What color are your eyes? Greenish blue

5. What is your favorite Christmas song? I have to pick one? I really love them all! Honestly.

6. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? A safari in Africa. I've wanted to do that since middle school.

7. Do you tan or burn? Burn! Which isn't good, since I live in Florida and the sun is always shining.

8. How many tv's do you have in your house? 1, but it only plays movies. In our 5 years of marriage, we have never had tv.

9. What is your favorite season? Fall!

10. How many states have you lived in? 8

11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Cookie dough... hmmm... I wish I had the car so I could drive to the grocery store and pick some up... cravings...

12. What is your favorite kind of soup? All soup!!! I love me some soup! I actually ate clam chowder for breakfast (remember, pregnancy cravings?).

13. Do you like Chinese food? Umm... yes!!! It is my favorite international cuisine.

14. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes, for a movie. I was acting.

15. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Going out to eat, crafts, and accesories (hats, scarves, jewelry)

16. What do you dip your chicken nuggets in? Depends of where I bought them. Wendy's: ranch, McDonald's: sweet and sour, Chick-fil-a: mayo

17. What was the last thing you scribbled on a piece of paper? Recipe for pot roast

18. What is the last movie you watched? A documentary called "Praying for Lior." It was about a Jewish boy with down syndrome about to celebrate his bar mitzvah.

19. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? No way!

20. Do you love your job? Yes! Being a mom, wife, home economist and worship leader are all wonderful. I know I am right where God wants me.



There you have it! My 100th random posts. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on 100 posts!

As for the 2 schools of thought on frugal living... I prefer a combination of both of them. Pop Tarts and frozen waffles in moderation, with the fresh, homemade stuff as the norm.

That being said... I prefer this, but practically it doesn't happen as often as I'd like.

I can't think of any homemade guy gifts for you right now. Sorry.

Why do you put mayo on your chik-fil-a- nuggets??? Their polynesian sauce is the best!