5.1.12

Adoption Fundraiser #1

Happy 2012!!! 

We have hit the ground running here. Literally! This weekend I run my first ever marathon. I am honestly still in denial that it is THIS weekend with my back problems this week, but don't worry. I am going to take it easy and stop if pain sets in while trying to accomplish this huge goal! My best friend, Karen is flying in tomorrow and we are headed to Disney on Saturday to pick up our packets for the weekend. It is going to be exciting and you better believe there will be a blog post about this crazy adventure!

Thank you to everyone who has donated money to our Ugandan adoption fund!!! So far, you all have donated $205!!! We are elated by your generosity!!! Thank you for blessing our family! We are one step closer to reaching our fundraising goal to begin our home study and dossier! Thanks to you, we only need to raise $3,395 now. Hooray! (If you missed it, read about our adoption here.)


And now it is time to begin our first fundraiser with a YARD SALE! Yep. We are doing the old fashion sell-all-of-your-junk-because-it-is-someone-else's-treasure thing. But we need your help!

Here are the ways you can help:

1. Could you look around your house and do some post-holiday purging? Would you be willing to donate unused furniture, toys, baby/kid stuff, old bikes, or any other items you aren't using to us? All of the items will be sold at the yard sale to add to our adoption fund. Whatever doesn't sell will be donated to a charity.

2. Would you be willing to help price and sort items? I am looking for a couple of people who would be willing to help us go through the donated items and price them the weeks leading up to the sale. No previous experience required (especially because I have NEVER held my own yard sale!)!

3. Are you available to help work the yard sale? We need people to help manage, what we hope, is a HUGE yard sale. Talk to the people coming, sell items, help put things in people's cars after they purchase, etc. Since we have 2 little kids, we would love extra adults to help us on the day of the sale.

And when is this amazing yard sale taking place, you ask?

Barber Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale
Saturday, February 25th
8AM-2PM


 And most importantly, we need your prayers. This is a large undertaking to pursue international adoption and to add two more family members to our family. We need our friends, family and even strangers to support us through prayer. Thanks for being in our corner!

2 comments:

Joy B. said...

I will definitely have stuff to donate. I already have a couple of bags started and will definitely have more soon. I can also help with pricing before the yard sale. Jeff will be coming back on Feb. 24th, so I don't think I'll be able to help day of.

Jessica said...

You guys are definitely in my prayers. As a mom of 2 internationally adopted daughters who fundraised to bring both home I have some advice for you. Please shoot me an email at michaelsbride@yahoo.com .