1.9.11

The perfect entry way

We have the perfect entry way, thanks to my Dad. I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew it was the perfect solution to our space. Our square footage is just under 1,300, so we try to maximize all of our areas carefully. Our problem with the entry way is where do we drop our keys, shoes, and bags? We tried dropping them in the kitchen: fail. It just made the kitchen cluttered. We tried putting things away when we first got home: fail. That is nearly impossible with a 3 and 1 year old underfoot, excited about our arrival. The only solution was to maximize my Dad's handy man skills and make the entry way that would work for our space.

The before pictures are uninteresting because it was just a blank wall, so let's go straight to the entry way!


The hooks allow us to stash all kinds of stuff (I purposely took all of that "stuff" off the hooks for this picture) and the frames give it a design element that is appealing. Functionality + design = Karissa's kind of home.

I decided I didn't want to follow the blog's example by putting up pictures of the family. I would rather do something more my style. I found this idea on Pinterest  and knew I could do it myself. Here is what I came up with:

Nature
Industry
People
I printed images from The Graphics Fairy directly onto pages I tore out of a Shakespeare anthology. See, theatre is a part of all parts of my life, even if it is just a few pages from a famous playwright. I really love how they turned out and how they are the perfect compliment to my entry way.

I am headed out to Pennsylvania to photograph a wedding for my business tomorrow, so enjoy your Labor day weekend!

No comments: