20.2.15

I can only do 1 thing at a time.

Females are known to be able to multi-task. It's kind of our claim to fame. Our brain allows us to check Facebook, ride a bike, breastfeed a child and recite a nursery rhythm all at the same time. It's almost like a superpower to make up for the painful process of carrying and birthing kids. Almost.

But this female is built differently. Sure I can watch the kids, bake cookies and wash dishes at the same time like any housewife, but when it comes to bigger multi-tasking, count me out. Unlike a lot of females, I am extremely task oriented. Sometimes to a fault. A lot of times my brain favors the task over relationships with people. Weird, I know, especially because I am an extrovert. So being able to juggle many tasks at once should come naturally to me, but it strangely doesn't.



Instead, my brain only fixates on one goal, objective, project at a time. 

Examples: this blog or my acting career or selling our house. Only one thing at a time. Which is probably pretty obvious since I haven't blogged since January. But as we start to live and dream again about the future, I've needed this blog less.

This little corner of the internet will always be there for me to share, vent, be humorous, but it won't take the place of truly living. And for awhile, it did. But not anymore. Now, after 3 years of being on hold, we've hit play.


So what's new for The Acting Mom? 

I have an agent! Yep. A real live talent agent and talent agency. I'm acting professionally again after seven years of doing it for fun (which I will always do!) and loving doing what I truly feel made to do. Have you found that thing that makes you feel like you are putting on a custom built glove? That's acting for me. I can take all the countless auditions, rejections, and all the other unglamorous stuff they never talk about on the Tonys or Oscars for those glorious moments of stepping into a story that moves everyone who sees it. It feels like breathing again and I am breathing deeply.

We have decided that while living in a 1,200 square foot house as a family of 6 can be done, we would rather not. So we are working towards putting our house on the market and buying another one with more square footage and more land. Bring on the buyers for this house and bring on the great steal of a dream house for the Barber family!



Thanks for being along the ride of The Acting Mom journey. I can't wait to see where it takes me next! And if you want to keep up with my professional journey as an actress, check out my website

1 comment:

teacherDEE said...

I agree with you!!

Instead, my brain only fixates on one goal, objective, project at a time.

I am a working mom... and an educator. . Yes I multi task all the time.. but if it is a big project.. at the age of 36...I just realised I can only manage one at a time... its either planning a reunion or doing some artwork project or doing my dissertation (which is due soon). Anyway I thought I was weak ... but your write up makes me feel better.. thanks!

I was drawn to ur blog bcoz u liked my insta photo of the chair... have a nice day ♡