6.2.12

Burritos, Birds and Butterflies

With two preschoolers in the house and a limited budget, Craig and I get creative with our date ideas.
  •  People Safari {Make a list of different types of people and whoever spots them first gets a point}
  • Gift Card Date {Save gift cards from Christmas and only go to those places for dates}
  • Game Olympics {Play a series of boardgames and whoever wins the most is the the gold medalist}
  • Star Gazing {Crawl into a sleeping bag together in your backyard and spot the constellations}

This past week, we headed to Carter Road Park (Loyce Harpe Park) for a walk. As we drove there, we ran through Taco Bell (I know. Very organic of us) and grabbed a quick burrito to eat on our date. We explored nature and just relaxed without the kiddos. Here are some pics we took of us on the date just being silly.

Ready for our walk with the burritos.
Walking and relaxing

There were TONS of butterflies in this part, so I pretended to be a tree so they would land on me. It didn't work.
"The hills are alive!"
Ummm.... I think we are lost...
I tried to run here one day for my marathon training. Bad idea.

We tried to lay down to relax. Ouch. Not a soft choice.
Just thinking about life.... and how big he was going to grow his beard.

Do you have any creative date ideas to share? I'd love to know them! Please share in the comments below.

No comments: