7.12.11

"It's A Wonderful Life" and I'm in it!

Well, the last time I posted I wrote about how busy I was. To be honest, not much has changed! I am still busy, busy, busy and now I am limping. Yep. Limping. I have injured myself and can't run more then 2 miles without being in excruciating pain. I think my body might be telling me to slow down...

But let's move on! This is a blog about a mom who acts, right? So, I think I will write about my acting. I am in the middle of a show, even though this blog would not let you in on that fact.


I am playing Mary Hatch in Theatre Winter Haven's production of "It's A Wonderful Life." The show runs from December 1st through the 18th and tomorrow we will start our second weekend of shows. The show is almost word-for-word taken from the movie, so fans of the film will love hearing their favorite icon lines said. Derek Wyatt plays George Bailey and is doing a wonderful job carrying a very technically difficult show. The scene and costume changes are vast and technically challenging. There is actually more of a show to watch backstage with all of the sets moving, props being handed out and costume changes happening right in the wings. If you enjoy the film, come watch our show! You won't be disappointed! And don't take my word for it. Check out the review we received in the Lakeland Ledger by clicking here.

Here are a couple of images the newspaper took several weeks ago before the sets and costumes were complete.
Photo credit- Michael Wilson

Photo credit- Michael Wilson

Photo credit- Michael Wilson
And what am I getting out of this production? I get to work with all of my friends! The director, Mark and stage manager, Kent are good friends of mine and it has been a blast creating this show with them. It is a lot of fun to be acting with Derek again after we played opposite each other in "Camelot" over 4 years ago. I could go on and on about working with Danny, Heidi, Katie and many others again and the chance to work with new friends. Every rehearsal contains a room full of friends and that had been a barrel of laughs.

Here are some pictures from the opening weekend of our show.
Our 2 assistant stage managers, Drew and Jeremy

Young Mary and Old Marry

Katie, Morgan and Me

The Bailey Family

College friend Nathan and I get to act together after several years

Me, Mark and Derek

Me and Eunie
The best part of the production is being in a show again with my sister-in-law, Drew! We met doing a production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and have not done a show together since. Drew and my brother, Ben are expecting their first child in March, which means Drew is 5 months pregnant as she plays Ruth Bailey in our production. AND she is our assistant stage manager. She is such a hard working lady!

Drew and I on opening night

Me, Ben and Drew

Ben, Drew and their bun-in-the-oven
Since life is so busy, I am looking forward to this show being over and the marathon being completed, but while I'm in the middle of all the craziness, I will just enjoy where I am and who I am with.  Even in Bedford Falls!

Signature
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you in playing this role. If I don't make it to see you, just know it isn't personal. I want to, but it just might not work out.