12.12.11

It doesn't feel like Christmas

It really doesn't feel like Christmas yet. Not to me, anyway. Sure, our tree is up and the decorations are all around. I am sending out Christmas cards and holiday music is playing through the house all day and night. Most of our Christmas presents have been purchased and wrapping is about to begin. We are doing the advent calender with crafts every day for the kids. There is just one little problem with the Christmas season this year: I can still wear summer dresses in the middle of December!!! That is a HUGE problem in my book!


When I am singing about the frightful weather outside and the toasty fire, I shouldn't be in sandals and a sleeveless top. Honestly, isn't that a problem for anyone else? How can I enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate if I still have my air conditioning on? It feels odd to walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas light displays wearing nothing more then a t-shirt and shorts. Seriously, Florida, didn't you get the memo? Christmas is fast approaching and you aren't even making a hint of an effort to cool things off! Couldn't you just be a little kinder and maybe cool it off to the 50's? Is that asking too much? This non-Floridian girl thinks not.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I suppose the benefit of growing up in Florida is that the weather doesn't bother me one bit. This is what it is supposed to be like in December according to my internal thermometer.

At least you look cute!