23.10.11

October 21st, 22nd, 23rd- Weekend Fashion

Now that the ODP is coming to a close, I am really focusing more on maximizing all of my wardrobe and accessories for these last couple of days. Inspired by this post, I am going to be pursuing my love of all things vintage in my wardrobe after this project is finished. My house reflects my love of old, re-purposed items, but it is time for my clothing to find inspiration from that as well.

On Friday, I tied a silk scarf around my head, clipped a flower around it and it reminded me of the 1960's. Why not start adding the vintage inspiration now with what I have?

October 21st-
Black Dress
Turquoise Sweater
Brown Silk Scarf
Jones Design Company Wool Flower
Brown/Gold Snake Skin Kitten Heels

Scarf from my mother-in-law, Connie.

Postcard necklace from my sister-in-law. Love it!



I also wore the outfit this way for the first part of the day, because my grandmother-in-law gave me this handmade scarf. Isn't it beautiful? The colors matched too perfectly not to wear it.



On Saturday, I woke up and the weather was chilly. Hooray! I was able to wear my favorite vintage winter coat! I picked up this beauty at a thrift store in Germany and I L.O.V.E it! I still need to get new buttons for it, because some of them are broken, but I wear it with pride anyway. And the scarf is a pashmina from India. My parents bought it for me as a Christmas present several years ago and the proceeds of the scarf went to help free girls trapped in the sex trade industry. It is one of my favorite articles of clothing for that very reason.


October 22nd-
Black Dress
Purple Cardigan
Purple/Orange Pashmina
White Tights
Black Flats

And today for church, I wore a scarf that a friend, Kim from MOPS bought me as a thank you gift for being the table leader that year. Love it! I really do love that a lot of accessories are gifts from friends and family. Sometimes I think that other people know my style better then I do!

October 23rd-
Black Dress
White T-shirt
Blue Floral Scarf
Tan Boots
Red/Brown Earings

Thoughts on the dress-
Only 8 more days in this dress and I had the wildest idea as I woke up this morning: What if I wore a dress or skirt every day for 365 days? Not the same one every day, but made the commitment to not wear pants for an entire year? I am not going to do it, but it got me thinking about how I really have enjoyed the feminine charm of wearing a dress every day. I think I carry myself differently when I am not wearing pants and I like that. It will be my aim to incorporate more dresses and skirts on a regular basis in the days to come. And in Florida, we can get away with it year round!

Signature
Bookmark and Share

No comments: