13.10.11

October 13th- Men's Shirt Re-do

Today I am wearing my dress. Again. Shocked, aren't you?

I decided to be a little daring with my clothing today. I saw a video on how to turn a man's collared shirt into a woman's dress simply by twisting and buttoning and tying it in several different ways. I was captivated at this ingenuity and immediately wanted to do it!

There were a couple of hang ups:

1. I am not a model, therefore it won't look the same.
2. I am a modest person and can't wear ONLY a man's shirt.
3. My husband and I are the same height, so his clothes are just a little bit bigger, limiting how many ways I can wear the shirt.

Putting those issues aside, I dove it and tried it. Here it is!


October 13th-
Black Dress
Craig's Blue Flower Pearl Button Shirt
Pearl and Chain Necklace
Yellow Flats

Interesting, right? I don't love it, love it, but it intrigues me enough to do it for one day. Isn't what this whole thing is about? Trying new things and piecing together things you already own? Here is the video that inspired me.


And this is the outfit I am wearing while sorting veggies today. Have to be casual about it!


Signature
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I should try this idea. I've toyed with it before, but it was never modest enough for me. It would probably work better over the dress.

Joy B. said...

I liked the halter top version at the end. And there is that skinny belt again! The skinny belt that I have just isn't skinny enough.

Cathy said...

SO awesome!!! I am going to have to use that video on my blog! I can't wait to try it!!!!!!

Shawna Lee said...

Ok, I really LOVE this one. I also love that your husband has that shirt. I might try with one of hubby's striped shirts once the project is over. I don't see how I could make it work with my dress.