11.2.12

Common Objections to Adoption

While searching around some Ugandan adoption blogs, I discovered a video. A video that touched on my post about the American dream and about downsizing our home. He does a much better job at being articulate, direct and honest about the objections we all have to adoption.

Several months ago, Craig and I were not at a place where we could have heard this. We would have thought that was a nice thought.... for someone else. But all of that has changed since God has moved our hearts to how truly rich we are. We can become blinded by everything around us and forget that we are citizens of another kingdom. Craig and I are called to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, defend the cause of the fatherless, and look after orphans. Is this a special calling that we have been given? No. They are commands given to every Christian.

Take a look at this video from The Zoe Foundation and let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.


1 comment:

Mika said...

Nicely said. I just had a conversation yesterday where I was told first that I was crazy for wanting to adopt and then that I was outright stupid. This person said, "It's one thing for the Madonnas of the world who have a lot of money, but it's just not something for normal people. It's too expensive." Really? I personally think that the statement should be reversed. It is more for the "normal" people than for the broken Madonnas. When I said that we just don't care about money, the reply was that my children probably do. And I said that if they do, which we try to teach them not to, then my hope that adopting will help open their eyes to what's really important. It's been amazing to see God move in our hearts and reveal to us how we are supposed to live as citizens of His kingdom. America is truly not our home. Heaven is. :) Thank you for your heart Karissa! I love reading your posts. Btw - have you read Radical by David Platt? I think you'd be encouraged.