26.9.12

The New Nursery

This week began with transitioning my bio kids to the same room and my 2.5 year old out of a crib into a toddler bed. These were big transitions to make, but we knew it was necessary to make a space for the two newest family members that will join our family in the next couple of months. So far they both go down pretty easily at night and Alethea just comes out of her room several times a night due to her new freedom. The only down side is they wake each other up in the morning and want to get into mischief WAY too early. Other then that, things are going great with their "new" Adventure Room, as it has been renamed.


Yesterday my best bud, Dawn came over all day and helped me to re-do the Beatrix Potter themed girl's room into a vintage circus themed nursery. And we didn't spend a penny! Seriously. I found all of the items in the room around my house. It turned out pretty cute and there are still a couple more touches I would like to add. Thank you, Dawn for all of your help!!!!

And now, enjoy the pictures!





Handmade giraffe for "Big" made by fellow adoptive mom, Julie Adams.

Handmade giraffe for "Little"
 



More will be added to this wall...












To be added...

To be added...


And there you have it! I would love to add more vintage circus items, so if you have any or have any suggestions on how to make them I would love to know! This room makes me smile because it is a room they can grow into, the jungle theme we had with Asher still works with this theme, which will be great when we meld all three boys into the same room eventually, and it is colorful. Oh yeah! And it is vintage and you know I love me some vintage!

Now all we need are two little boys to fill those beds...