1. I am a Christ-follower. My goal is to live my life according to the principals in the Bible and to teach my kids about the incredible savior I love. I am not a super spiritual person, just your average trying-to-get-through-the-day-with-all-the-hair-on-my-head kind of person, but my goal at the end of the day to try to be more like Jesus then the day before.
2. We are crunchy. Like granola. My family eats 80% organic food, with a preference to local farmers. Our home is chemical free and we try to live simply by keeping our consumerism to a minimum. Don't get us wrong! You will see us visiting the local Chick-fil-a and buying items from the Dollar Tree, but our views on food, medicine and consumerism might be a little bit more hippy then you are used to.
3. After having two homegrown children, we have decided to add two heart-grown kids from Uganda to our family! To find out where we are in this process, click on the word "ADOPTION" in the header.
4. I just ran my first marathon! Running is a part of our lives by fluke and I write about it because I never thought I would do it again after a pole vaulting injury from high school. And no, I did not just make up the fact that I pole vaulted in high school. You are reading the blog of the Walkersville High School pole vaulting champion! Seriously. Be excited.
5. Every October I do this strange thing called "The October Dress Project." I wear the same dress for an entire month. Yep. The same dress. Of course, I can style it different ways, adding accessories, scarves, vests, shoes and the like to make the outfit look different every day. It's a fun project and a great challenge.
6. I am a professional photographer for the love of photography and as a way to continue to be a stay-at-home-mom while bringing in extra money for food. To find out more about my photography, click on the word "PHOTOS" in the header.
7. Oh, yeah! And I act. I write about my latest acting ventures and other random posts about this crazy talent I love. I also write show reviews about recent shows I've seen and hope you will go see as well. To read a recent show review, click on the word "SHOW REVIEWS" in the header.
There are many more things about me, but there you have a little snippet of how I express myself in this blog. Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave some comment love!